2. Microsoft Excel – A Spreadsheet software with excellent capabilities for Data Analysis and it’s a rudimentary skill for Office Productivity and Data Analyst. Microsoft has improvised and integrated;
- Power Query (for Data Cleansing) – ETL (Extract, Transform and Load)
- Power Pivot (to Handle Big Data) with DAX Language
- Power View (Data Visualization)
- Power Maps (Geo Visuals)
Microsoft introduced Power Business Intelligence (Power BI) with a combination of all above in the form of Power BI Desktop Version and a Web App for FREE (1 GB of Cloud Space for those who have Business Email ID) – (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/).
Online Websites: Learn Excel & Power BI from (Paid or Audit Courses for Free)
- excel-easy.com – to learn excel basics
- https://www.youtube.com/user/ExcelIsFun – Free Tutorials with Work sheets
3. Learn from Google (Free Certifications)
- Google for Education (https://edutrainingcenter.withgoogle.com/) – for teachers and students
- Google Analytics (https://analytics.google.com/analytics/academy/) – Digital Certifications in Google Analytics for beginners, Advanced Google Analytics, Ecommerce Analytics: From Data to Decisions, Google Tag Manager Fundamentals
- Digital Garage: Learn Online Marketing (https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage/ ) Free online marketing training to get the digital skills you need to grow your business, your career. Free courses from Google to become a digital expert.
- Google Developers Certification (https://developers.google.com)
- Google Code to learn (https://codetolearn.withgoogle.com/ )
- Google Webmasters (https://www.google.com/webmasters/learn/ )- learn to create websites
- Google G Suite Learning Center (https://gsuite.google.com/learning-center/ )
- Google Academy for Ads (https://landing.google.com/academyforads/#?modal_active=none )
- Google Data Studio (Beta Version) – (https://datastudio.google.com/) – Free Data Visualization Suite
- Primer (by Google) – (http://www.yourprimer.com/) – short form lessons & personalised content delivered to your mobile.
Other Online Certifications in Digital Space
- Hoot Suite – To learn Social Media Trends for free (https://hootsuite.com/education#)
- Bing Ads Certifications – (https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/training/courses)
- Hub spot Academy – (http://academy.hubspot.com/) – High Quality videos on contemporary industry topics.
- Word Stream’s PPC University – (http://www.wordstream.com/learn) – learn about creating PPC Adwords / beginner to advanced level.
- MOZ Blog – (https://moz.com/blog) – great source for Digital marketing especially in SEO and Content Marketing
- Facebook Blue print – (https://www.facebook.com/blueprint) – Official resource for Facebook and Instagram Advertising.
- Social Media Marketing Course and Free Certification – (https://www.emarketinginstitute.org/free-courses/social-media-marketing-certification-course/)
- Free Social Media Analytics Course – (http://academy.quintly.com/courses/free-social-media-analytics)
- University of Salford Manchester – (http://www.salford.ac.uk/business-school/business-management-courses/mooc-search-social-media-marketing-international-business)
Other Free Websites
- 1300 Free online courses from Top Universities – (http://www.openculture.com/freeonlinecourses)
- MIT OpenCourseWareoffers free lecture notes, exams, and videos from classes at MIT.
- The OpenCourseWare (OCW) Consortiumis a free and openly licensed digital publication of high quality college and university‐level educational materials organized as courses.
- The Open Yale Courseswebsite provides free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University.
- The Open University (OU)provides high-quality university education online to anyone. Nearly all of the undergraduate courses they offer do not require prior qualifications or experience.
- FreeEdNetis a collection of various courses, tutorials, and learning materials available on the web, including some the people at FreeEdNet are developing themselves.
- ALISONprovides high-quality, engaging, interactive multimedia courseware for certification and standards-based learning free to the individual learner.
- The Online Education Database (OEDB)has compiled 200 online courses from big universities, such as MIT, Yale, and Tufts.
- Annenberg Learnerprovides free multimedia resources to help teachers increase their expertise in their fields and assist them in improving their teaching methods, thereby advancing excellent teaching in American schools.
- University of the Peopleis a tuition-free, non-profit institution that provides online education to individuals all over the world.
- UC Berkeley offers a central campus service, called berkeley, for recording and publishing course and campus events for students at UC Berkeley, as well as for learners around the globe.
- GCFLearnFreeprovides free, quality, innovative online learning, in over 750 different lessons, for anyone who wants to improve their technology, literacy, and math skills.
To be continued …
Employability Skills Part – 4: LinkedIn
Previous Posts: Employability Skills (Series): Part 3.2 Data Science (Analytics) and Courses, Employability Skills (Series): Part 3.1 – Online Courses, Employability Skills (Series): Part 2 – Basic Skills